Nepal from Your Window
This is a hard time with the world fighting against the COVID- 19 pandemic. We appreciate your effort in stopping the spread by staying home. We may be socially distancing ourselves but we
are not necessarily isolated as we observe the world outside going on its course.
Be it pre-monsoon rain from your window or the mesmerizing sunrise from your balcony, an amazing mountain range from your terrace or a beautiful flower blooming in your backyard; capture the moments that might have brought a smile on your face during the time of quarantine and share them on our digital platform. Your single picture may help brighten someone’s day and also
help you win exciting prizes.
Considering the limited mobility during the lockdown, Nepal Tourism Board announces a photo campaign ‘Nepal from your Window’. Click a photo of your village, your surrounding or a view from your window and share with us. The best 5 photos will receive exciting prizes. Details of submission are mentioned below:
What to Submit?
Photographs that showcase the beauty of Nepal and your surroundings.
- Show your best photography skills by capturing moments and activities near your surroundings.
- Submit your photos in https://photonepal.travel/ and share the link in your Social media wall with hashtag #photoNepal and #NepalFromYourWindow.
- If you don't have an account in photoNepal, please sign up https://photonepal.travel/register and verify your account.
- And click upload button to participate in the contest.
- Select "Nepal from Window" as a category and #photoNepal and #NepalFromYourWindow as a tag while submitting your photos in https://photonepal.travel/
- Nepal Tourism Board shall select the best 5 photographs based on the decision provided by the internal committee and the result shall be announced via the official Facebook page of photoNepal and Nepal Tourism Board.
- Best 5 photographs will win 10,000 NPR each.
- Submissions open till May 31, 2020.
Rules for Submission:
- All participants must submit their own work. The photograph must be taken by the participant and they should be ready to provide Original file when requested.
- All entries should follow the competition's rules. If the Admin team feels that the submission does not comply with the competition rules then the submission will be rejected.
- Entry must not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
- Also : any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law either of the Jurisdiction or any other country whose laws may apply to the entry.
- Model release or any other form of release required for any identifiable person or place is the responsibility of the participant. The photos submitted will be considered to have had these release papers signed. NTB will not be liable for any violation of copyright, trademark or any intellectual property rights of any third person or violation of a person's rights of privacy.
- Your entry must not contain any watermark or logo or text of any type.
- All photos must be submitted to https://photonepal.travel
- Select "Nepal from Window" as a category while uploading your image to qualify for the competition.
- Only 5 photos per member per competition is permitted.
- All submissions must mention two hashtags, #photoNepal and #NepalfromYourWindow.
- Digitally manipulated images are not allowed. Only minor adjustments to colour, contrast and crop is permitted.
- All files must be saved in JPEG or JPG format & the recommended size is between 5-20mb. You will be required to submit high-resolution images with the original one, if selected.
- NTB Judging Panel will select the images from submission.
- The decision given by the judging panel will be final.
- Judging will be done based on the standard judging template used by judges to ensure points are given based on Technique, Composition, Story and General Aesthetics.
- Judges reserve the right to revoke a decision if a Photo is found to violate any copyright laws during or even after a decision has been made and announced.
General Terms and Conditions:
By entering the Competition You hereby accept these Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
Copyright of submitted photos will be owned by the entrant and NTB asserts no claims and rights to any images entered into the competition.
However, NTB retains the rights for the below mentioned:
- Photos submitted may be used to promote current and future events hosted by NTB.
- Photos submitted may be posted in other NTB social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- NTB may add text or additional graphics to the photos when using the photo to promote its events.
And also NTB retains the rights for the below mentioned:
NTB reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the competition's requirements, even after the entry is submitted.
Nepal Tourism Board reserves the right to disqualify contestants. By entering the Contest, entrants grant Nepal Tourism Board a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other standard purposes. Any photographs reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. Nepal Tourism Board will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Nepal Tourism Board reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion. The decisions of NTB will be final.
Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to the copyright, are not eligible and our committee reserves the right to remove the photo and disqualify it from the contest.